What Is the NUCA of Metropolitan Washington Dc College Scholarship?
The NUCA of DC College Scholarship is a $1,000 as a ONE-TIME scholarship. Applicants must apply each year in order to be considered for a new scholarship.
Who May Apply?
Any high school senior, existing full-time college or full-time graduate school student who is employed by or the child of someone employed by a NUCA of Metro DC Member company and who will be attending a two-year or four-year accredited college or university in Fall 2022. Applicant must be affiliated with a NUCA of Metro DC Member in good standing, with dues paid in full for the current year at the time of application. Applicant must be affiliated with the firm that is the actual NUCA of Metro DC member. Out of area or branch offices of NUCA of Metro DC members are not eligible.
How and When to Apply?
Complete the ENTIRE application in accordance with the instructions. Applications may be submitted by USPS Mail or by email. All applications regardless of method of submission must be received by NUCA of Metro DC no later than August 15, 2022, at 11:59pm. If submitting original docs by USPS, we HIGHLY recommend submitting a copy of the application via email, as the USPS service can be unreliable. NUCA of Metro DC bears no responsibility for delays by the US Postal Service for late delivery.
NUCA of Metropolitan Washington DC
455 Massachusetts Ave, NW
Washington DC 20001
(Please specify “2022 Scholarship Application” in Subject line)
What Must Accompany the Application?
- Official High School Transcript and college transcript if existing college/graduate school student
- Letter of Recommendation from a High School teacher or counselor, college Professor or Advisor
- Letter of Recommendation from an unrelated individual in your community who has known you at least two years OR an employer, coach/mentor, or director of club in which you have participated
- SAT and/or ACT score report
The transcript and letters of recommendation may be sent separately by the originators but MUST be received by the deadline.
How Will the Confidentiality of Your Application Be Protected?
When the COMPLETED application has been received by NUCA of Metro DC, each application will be assigned a number and email acknowledgement sent to the applicant. Completed applications are handled only by NUCA of Metro DC staff. The first page of the application is placed in a sealed envelope marked only with the application number. All applications are anonymous and reviewed by the NUCA of Metro DC Scholarship Committee.
How Will Your Application Be Judged?
Scholarship applications will be evaluated by the NUCA of Metro DC Scholarship Committee based on the general worthiness of the applicant. Consideration will be given to (1) scholastic standing, (2) SAT or ACT scores, (3) extracurricular activities, (4) career goals, (5) past employment and/or leadership experience, (6) essay, (7) letters of recommendation, (8) thoroughness of the completed application. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered. This is a merit-based scholarship, not based on financial needs.
2022 Scholarship Application
The Applicant must complete this form. Sign this sheet and have a parent or guardian approve the application if you are under 18 years old. Answer all of the questions. If a question does not apply, please write “n/a” in the space provided. Please type or write legibly.
Checklist: Please make sure you have a complete application prior to submitting.
- Official High School or college/university Transcript
- Letter of Recommendation from a High School teacher or counselor OR College professor/advisor
- Letter of Recommendation from an unrelated individual in your community who has known you at least two years OR an employer, coach, or director of club in which you have participated
- SAT and/or ACT score report
- Complete Essay
- Submit by August 15, 2022